Food is our favorite way to bring people together. The Rice Lover now offers live virtual cooking demonstrations and events! They’re perfect for socially-distanced corporate team building — groups who cook together stay together! They’re also a fun activity for family and friends — we can put together your next virtual dinner party! Please contact us at [email protected] for your custom event proposal.
A Custom Approach
We don’t do cookie cutter sessions. Every event proposal is custom designed for your group. We cater to groups large or small, with various experience levels and dietary restrictions. Events can be as short as 45 minutes, or we can design a multi-course virtual feast. We can pick wine pairings for your menu or create a signature cocktail for event. And we’ll always keep your preferences, dietary restrictions, and equipment availability in mind as we come up with the perfect plan.
Of course we’d love to demonstrate any of the recipes on this website! But we’d love to custom design a menu just for you. Sample menu ideas:
- Scallion pancakes 葱油饼 (cōng yóu bǐng): kneading and rolling dough
- Chinese BBQ 烤串串 (kǎo chuàn chuàn): Xinjiang / Beijing style bbq skewers with chilled appetizers
- Chinese dumplings 饺子 (jiǎo zǐ) or potstickers 锅贴 (guō tiē) with filling variations: detailed dumpling folding lessons
- Shanghai wonton soup 上海菜肉馄饨 (Shànghǎi cài ròu hún tūn): detailed wonton folding lessons
- Virtual hot pot party 云火锅 (yún huǒ guō): we do the legwork and prepare the broth and ingredients together — leaving lots of time for for socialization as you eat together
- Vietnamese summer rolls: beautiful, refreshing, and creative
- Knife skills classes: focus on a specific cut with a recipe to cook the practice results
Every event comes with a private client portal, your personal space to preview the menu, interact with The Rice Lover, and communicate with fellow group members.
Ingredients for Your Event
Standard event packages don’t include ingredients, but we’ll provide a carefully curated list of resources. These include third-party delivery services, links to some suggested products, and brand recommendations for essential ingredients.
In addition, with a little lead time, we can put together a list of direct links to third-party online delivery services for pantry ingredients. Please check out Shopping List: Essential Ingredients for an idea of what we can do. Or let us wow you with custom kits for pantry (nonperishable) items shipped to your door.
Like What You See?
Contact us for ideas and a proposal for your perfect virtual cooking event!